krugers and gold


The price for gold are based on “Precious Metal Index rates”

Buy Gold Krugerrands online


Krugerrands are iconic South African gold coins, first minted in 1967 and made from 22ct gold (91.67% pure), with the remaining 8.33% being copper. This alloy is known as ‘crown gold’ and gives Krugerrands their distinctive orange blush. It also makes the coins more durable, and scratch-resistant.

While the price of gold, silver and diamonds can fall as well as rise, the longer-term trend is one of an increase in value. Our prices are based on “Precious Metals Index rates”. This ensures that you receive the best possible price for your old gold, silver and diamonds. In these financial challenging times, affecting more and more South Africans, “Krugers & Gold” offers you the opportunity to exchange unworn items into cash. 

There is a ready market for pre-owned gold, silver and diamonds. With data on its value readily available, gold, silver and diamonds are easily bought and sold through licensed dealers like Krugers & Gold.

At Krugers & Gold, we specialise in buying and selling Krugerrands. We offer competitive rates for both purchases and sales, and we often have rare and sought-after Krugerrands for sale.


Even if you don’t own a Krugerrand, you will recognise its design immediately. The obverse of the coin features a profile of Paul Kruger and the words “SUID-AFRIKA • SOUTH AFRICA” while the reverse features a springbok, the word “KRUGERRAND”, the gold weight and the year of minting.

Originally only available as a 1-oz gold coin, Krugerrands have subsequently been produced in ½, ¼ and 1/10-oz weights, and also in silver and platinum.

Krugerrands are immensely popular amongst gold collectors and investors worldwide, with some 50 million ounces of Krugerrands having been minted. Krugerrands have a value that exceeds the actual value by weight of the gold they contain, because of their popularity. This makes them a premium investment opportunity.

Krugerrands have consistently increased in value over time, and can also be bought and sold easily, giving you easy access to cash when you need it.

If you want to free up the value in the Krugerrands that you own, or invest in your family’s financial security.

“Kruger and Gold” invest in ways that offer sustained long-term value. For privacy, security and fair prices, contact “Krugers & Gold” today and discover the true value of gold and Krugerrands

Copyright © 2021 Krugers and Gold | Made by Pixly Media